Monday 24 October 2011

A shout out to my beloved jeans.

Woah, it's been over a month since I've posted a blog post. Obviously, I fail to be a good blogger.
But better late than never. 

It was the fall of 2006, graduated from highschool and moved on to University. Back then, I didn't know my life would change completely.  

Back in those highschool days, I was quite athletic, active and slimmer. I played lots of different sports and had lots of people pushing me to workout.  After parting with those good friends in highschool, I moved to the mainland to pursue  bigger and better things(so I thought). What I never knew was living in dorms I'd meet the evil, cafeteria food, and be such good friends with it.

'The Freshmen 15' came so quick I didn't even notice it. I did nothing to avoid midnight pizza and the legendary beer belly. To add on top of that, I quit smoking which led to more  chicken fingers and Ben & Jerry tubs for dinner.

So there, 'The Freshman 15 40' it was. Since the college days, I hadn't lost a pound. Then a few years later, I got married and my legendary beer belly grew and it became historic. I am quite ashamed of myself for letting go loose after getting married, well knowing that my faithful wife would stick by me and hold tight onto my love handles gave me a peace of mind and helped to gain that last 10lbs.


** side note **
When I visited Korea, people stared at me-rather the huge belly and @$$-like they are looking at a mythical creature. Also I couldn't find pants that fit me.(Most Korean clothing companies stop producing pants over waist size at 36). What an embarrassment.
** /side note **


Sorry, I kinda got side tracked. What I am getting at is this; for many years I wore one type of Jeans.
Levi's 501 Original fit 38x32. 
However, I stopped fitting into those jeans. Even though it didn't fit me, for many months, I squished myself into them but didn't want to admit that I didn't fit into the waist size 38 jeans.

Every time I took the jeans off, I let a huge sigh out like I had been holding my breath all day long.
So this time last year while visiting in Vegas, I bought more Levi's 501's in 40x32(God Bless America for cheap jeans and outlet stores). AND IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE.  I had forgotten what it feels like to put a pair of jeans on and not suck my belly in to do up the buttons.

Anywho a long story short, just a few days ago, I was squatting to shoot some photos to become aware of that I was exposing my sexy boxer shorts to the whole entire world, then to realize my belts have been not small enough to hold my jeans up.

Just yesterday when I got out of shower,  I put on my size 40 jeans on then couldn't find my belt. With some major frustration I went digging into rubbermaid bins to find my beloved Levi's 501 38x32's and put them on. BOO YEAH.  It fit me like a glove(No, not like those big woolly ones but the sexy leather ones).
And I didn't even need to suck my belly in!!

When I step on the scale, I see the numbers decreasing but don't feel like I've lost any weight. Still have the legendary beer belly and patronizing thighs.

However, now I see it and feel that there is a progress and it feels pretty damn good to see the improvement.

5 comments:

  1. My favorite post so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. are you smelling those jeans? Do they smell like a leather glove?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job, Mustard.
    from Always 30's.언제나서른

    ReplyDelete
  4. always enjoyed your photo and now knowing your personal side, it's even better. thank you for sharing your story and I hope to keep hearing good updates. it's very fun to read your posts. you are good writer as well. rocky76

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work Jeff! You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete