Tuesday 13 September 2011

A new challenge

Now riding the bike to work(20km journey per day) has become a normal part of my day, I am attempting to add another task to my daily routine.

Hitting the Gym.


Ever since I was born, I've struggled to stay in focus when it came to repetitiveness.
And going to the gym and working out is just that.

For the first time in 25years, this plan to go to the gym is a life altering event. Thanks to a friend of mine at work, I now have a 3 day work out schedule planned out.
I went to the gym for the first time in a long time today and I am feeling it.

Day 1 wasn't really enjoyable, more so humiliating.
These teeny tiny guys are lifting huge amount of weight and there I was struggling to lift 10lb'rs like a sissy. I am sure none of those guys started lifting 50lb dumbbells from day 1. And I know I'll get there one day.  Sure I'll have other struggles ie. counting numbers when doing reps(yes, I tend to lose focus and fail to count reps... I know Asians are supposed to be good at math but I am no ordinary Asian...) but again, one step at a time I'll improve.

Despite the humiliation, lifting 10lbs'rs like a sissy, I'll press on.

1 comment:

  1. Jeff!!!! Don't be so hard on yourself! I think it is just awesome that you are making the effort! That in itself is admirable! Good for you Jeff!! One day at a time!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete