Wednesday 31 August 2011

Breaking Point

Day 5 of riding the bike to work. It's an 11mile commute return trip.

It's hard to believe that I've ridden over 50miles, though it seems as it's only getting harder and harder to ride.

Getting up an hour earlier to paddle my way then facing a headwind that slows me down considerably and a backache that hasn't stopped bothering me since day 1 are slowly taking its toll on me. There is really nothing I can do about this. Just suck it up and take the next step and on ward.

Last night I was tempted to grab a Snickers bar after dinner, though I was pretty well fed, that little craving for dessert and sweetness is still there deep inside of me.

 

But I am taking baby steps, rather than opening up a Snickers bar which contains 280calories, I grabbed fresh cut pineapple and consumed a few pieces. Even though I had to hit the snooze button a couple times I managed to get biking at 7:40am.

Yes, my back still hurts to sit and move around and every step I take on the bike pains my legs, but baby steps at a time. I'll pop in a couple advil and move forward.

As long as I have a strong will and support, nothing can and will stop me from this journey........................... (except traffic lights and stop signs)

No comments:

Post a Comment