Tuesday 23 August 2011

The No 'S' Diet starts today

Commitment #1

Changing my eating habit.
Food is one of my strong passion. I love flavours, spices and a great cut of meat.

While a lot of people eat to live, I tend to live to eat.While a lot of people eat until they are not hungry anymore, I tend to eat until I feel full, stuffed or to the point where I feel like I have to puke. 

So I am facing my greatest enemy on the first day of my journey.

For lunch, I stopped when I did not feel hungry anymore, probably 2/3 of a normal lunch size. Yes, my tongue wanted more food, and my brain drove my arms for JUST ONE MORE BITE. It is probably one of the worst habit of mine and will be the hardest challenge for me.

For snack, I had carrots, tomatoes and cucumber over a blueberry pie(what a great temptation that was), chocolate cover peanuts and my favourite Werther's Original Candies.

Not having any sweets during the day sure was hard. However, I shall proceed with smarter snack choices.


While working very hard(or hardly working) in the office, I came across this website from a fellow Clydesdale.
 
 http://www.nosdiet.com/
It's very simple.

There are just three rules and one exception:
  • No Snacks
  • No Sweets
  • No Seconds

Except (sometimes) on days that start with "S"

I will lightly treat myself on Saturdays and Sunday but during weekdays there are no exceptions.

If you see me disobey the rule of 'NO S' diet, please let me know and give me a very hard kick in my arse.

Tomorrow, I am taking a big step in my journey.
Commuting on two wheels, pedaling 12miles(19kms) per day.
Yikes, I'm looking forward to it..


More to come..

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jeff, you're both honest and funny with this blog. I hope you get a lot of support and encouragement- I'm sure others will be inspired. I don't need to lose any weight, but I'm cutting back on sugar. So thanks for posting the mouth-watering, luscious Werther's pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff!!! So proud of you!!! You will feel better and be healthier which will benefit your beautiful family! Can't wait to see the progress and hopefully will not have to kick you in the arse!! - Tracy

    ReplyDelete